What is Framework?
- Framework is a platform for developing software applications.
- It may include a set of functions, predefined classes, code libraries, compiler or programs used in software development process.
- It is a layered structure which indicates what kind of programs can/ should be built and how they would interrelate.
Difference between framework and API
- Framework is similar to API but technically it includes an API.
- Framework serves as foundation to programming.
API provides access to elements supported by framework.
What is Web-Framework?
- Web Framework is a (easier) way to build dynamic web sites, web-enabled applications and web services.
- Basic purpose of Web-Framework:
to hide infrastructural code related to handling HTTP requests and responses.
How much is hidden depends on the framework.
- All python web framework does following work:
i) they recieve HTTP requests,
ii) they dispach code that generates HTML,
iii) creates an HTTP response with that content.
What is Flask?
- Flask is a web framework written in python.
- It takes the flexible python programming language and provides a simple template to build a web application.
- This web application can be a web page, blog, wiki or a commercial website.
- Flask is a micro framework. Microframework means that it has little to no dependency on external libraries.
- It does not have database abstraction layer, form validation or any other components where third party libraries already exist to provide the same functionality.
- But Flask has a good plugin support i.e. it supports extensions, which can add such functionality into an application.