2014 ended on a good note. 31st December 2014 was my last day of internship in Function Space. I realized some important stuff while interning there:
- As a developer, develop only one feature of the software but develop it in the most perfect way
- Learn to read the code and understand how things are working exactly
- git is the most important tool to keep all your changes.
This year started off quite well. I made my first contribution to Openstack! I learnt a lot while putting in the efforts to get each patch accepted and merged. And no matter what mood you are in, when Jenkins says “Change has been successfully merged into the git repository.”, you cannot stop feeling good.
Happy to know that i am an Official contributor of Openstack – Kilo. 🙂
What is RSS?
- RSS stands for “Really Simple Syndication”.
What is the use of RSS?
- RSS is a way to subscribe to a source of information (like website) and get brief updates delivered to you.
- When you subscribe, you’ll get a feed (feed is often a series of headlines and brief summaries) of all the articles published on that particular Web page.
- Earlier, to keep track of updates on a website you had to ‘bookmark’ websites in your browser and manually return to them on a regular basis to see what had been added.
- Another option was Email notification of changes.
Drawbacks of Bookmarking:
- It gets complicated when you are trying to track many websites at once.
- You miss information when you forget to check your bookmarks.
- You end up seeing the same information over and over again on sites that don’t update very often.
Drawbacks of Email notification:
- when you receive email notifications from multiple websites they are usually disorganized and are often mistaken for spam.
- It provides you with a method of getting relevant and up to date information sent to you for you to read in your own time.
- It saves you time.
- You ensure your privacy, by not needing to join each site’s email newsletter.
- Notifications of changes to multiple websites are handled easily.
- Results are presented to you in well organized way and distinct from email.